Sedation Dentistry Will Help You Feel at Ease
It’s important to us that none of our patients feel uneasy during their dental appointments. That’s why we offer sedation methods to help calm your nerves.
Who is a Candidate for Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry is helpful for patients who have:
- Very sensitive teeth
- A hatred of the noises, smells and tastes associated with dental care
- A bad gag reflex
- Previous traumatic dental experiences
- A fear of needles and shots
- High fear
- Difficulty getting numb
The Sedation Dental Care Standard
The standard of treating patients using sedation was set by physicians in the US approximately 50 years ago. Sedation has been used in dental care for over 30 years, and has become more popular for people who are uncomfortable going to the dentist. Don’t let your fear stop you from getting proper oral hygiene.
If you feel that sedation is necessary for your dental care, call our office.
Understanding Your Options
Type of Sedation
Our office offers different types of sedation:
- Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas): This is a very safe form of sedation. Since it is a conscious form of sedation, we can work on patients for a longer period of time.
- Intravenous Sedation (IV): IV sedation helps to give away total control of your fear and reduces any anxiety.
How You Will Feel
Most patients who are sedated for their dental work feel as though they’ve slept through their appointment. The last thing they remember is being sedated, and then they wake up and the treatment is over.
When you are sedated in our office, there’s no need to worry about safety. We will monitor your vital signs for the duration of your visit. If you choose to be sedated with the IV method, you must make sure you have someone to transport you back home after your appointment.
Ready to Get Started?
If you think you may be a good candidate for sedation dentistry, we can help you select the method that works best for you. To schedule a consultation or appointment, fill out our online form or give us a call at 719-355-2702.